click to download full resolution poster (8.6 MB)
Second Announcement - January 24, 2011
Exploring Strange New Worlds:
From Giant Planets to Super Earths
High Country Conference Center, Flagstaff, AZ
Co-hosted by the NASA/JPL Exoplanet Exploration Program
and the NASA Exoplanet Science Institute
This second conference announcement focuses on information about upcoming important deadlines for attendees. For more information on the conference and the agenda, please see the main conference page or the First Announcement.
- Jan. 31, 2011: Financial aid applications due; apply online here
- Feb. 18, 2011: Decisions on financial aid for students announced
- Feb. 28, 2011: Abstract submission deadline; submit your abstract here
- Mar. 15, 2011: Early registration ends / deadline to purchase tickets for Wed. trips and Grand Canyon day trip
- Mar. 31, 2011: Final announcement with final agenda including poster / contributed talk decisions
- Apr. 2, 2011: Hotel reservation deadline for conference rate and final announcement
- Apr. 22, 2011: Deadline for submitting electronic posters; submit your poster here
Ticketed Conference Excursions - tickets must be purchased by March 15!
The following conference events/excursions are not included in the registration fee and require that you purchase tickets prior to March 15, 2011, the early registration deadline. Click on the following links for information on all the conference events and excursions.
- Conference field trips on Wednesday afternoon, May 4 Two optional field trips are offered, one to the world famous meteor crater and a second to Lowell Observatory's facilities at Anderson Mesa and Happy Jack. Tickets ($25 per person for each trip) to cover bus transportation and a box lunch are available for purchase through the registration site.
- Conference banquet on Thursday evening, May 5 Share a meal with conference attendees at the Forest Highlands Golf Club. Our featured speaker is Bryan Bates, a Flagstaff-based educator, who will speak about the archeoastronomy of northern Arizona. Tickets for the banquet are $25 per person and are available through the registration site.
- Day trip to the Grand Canyon on Saturday, May 7 All-Star Grand Canyon tours is offering a full day-trip departing from and returning to the conference venue to give conference attendees the chance to explore nearby Grand Canyon National Park. The $110 price is a special low rate for conference attendees and includes transportation, entrance to the park, tour guides, lunch and time to explore the South Rim! Tickets for the day tour are available directly from the tour company and more information can be found here.
Registration - early registration ends March 15!
Click here to register.
- Early Registration Fee (Nov. 15, 2010 - March 15, 2011): $475
- Late Registration Fee (March 16, 2011 - May 6, 2011): $525
Financial Assistance for Students - apply by Jan. 31!
Graduate students and post-docs may apply for limited financial assistance to attend this conference. Click here for the on-line application which is due Jan. 31, 2011. Decisions on financial assistance will be announced via email by Feb. 18, 2011.
Program Information - abstracts due Feb. 28!
A preliminary agenda, including confirmed speakers, is available here.
Attendees are invited to submit abstracts for contributed talks and posters. The deadline for abstract submission is Feb. 28, 2011, with an extended deadline of April 22 to submit electronic posters only.
Accommodation and Travel Information - reservation deadline for conf. rate is April 2!
Room blocks have been reserved at three hotels nearby the HCCC. On-line reservation links and information on the Flagstaff area can be found on the lodging and travel information page. The reservation deadline in order to secure the conference rate is April 2, 2011.
Email us at StrangeNewWorlds@ipac.caltech.edu to be added to our mailing list for future conference announcements.
For questions not answered on these web pages, please email us at StrangeNewWorlds@ipac.caltech.edu