2013A NASA Keck Time Solicitation
For Professional Research Using the NASA Allocation for Telescope Observing Time at the W.M. Keck Observatory
Proposals for NASA Keck time
for observing semester 2013A (February 1 to July 31, 2013)
are due Thursday, September 13, 2012 at 4 pm PDT.
This call is now closed.
- NASA intends the use of the Keck telescopes to be highly strategic in support of on-going missions and/or high priority, long term science goals. The NASA Keck call is open to a wide range of disciplines spanning from exoplanets and solar system topics to galactic and extragalactic topics. Click here for more details.
- Frequently Asked Questions Page
- The opportunity to propose as Principal Investigators for the NASA time on the Keck Telescopes is open to all U.S.-based astronomers ("U.S.-based astronomers" have their principal affiliation at a U.S. institution.)
- Online proposal submission site
- Questions? email: KeckCFP@ipac.caltech.edu
- The following documents provide additional information. The "new icon" () indicates that updates have been made since last semester.
Highlights for 2013A
- Note restricted Keck 1 time available during summer months. See here for more information.
- Remote Observing is now available at Caltech and Yale!
Useful Links and Information
The NASA Keck Time Solicitation Information web site is a source of information for professional researchers who wish to submit proposals for the NASA allocation of observing time at the W. M. Keck Observatory. For general public information, please visit the Keck Home Page.
Web Curator and NExScI Cognizant Official: Dawn