2011B NASA Keck Time Solicitation
For Professional Research Using the NASA Allocation for Telescope Observing Time at the W.M. Keck Observatory
NASA's proposal solicitation for observing semester 2011B
(August 1, 2011 to January 31, 2012) is now closed..
Proposals for semester 2012A will be due Sept. 15, 2011 at 4 pm PDT.
The 2012A solicitation will be posted approximately 4-6 weeks before this due date.
- NASA intends the use of the Keck telescopes to be highly strategic in support of on-going missions and/or high priority, long term science goals. Thus NASA Headquarters has opened up the NASA Keck call to a wider range of disciplines spanning from exoplanets and solar system topics to galactic and extragalactic topics. See the link above for more details.
- Frequently Asked Questions Page
- The opportunity to propose as Principal Investigators for the NASA time on the Keck Telescopes is open to all U.S.-based astronomers. ("U.S.-based astronomers" have their principal affiliation at a U.S. institution.)
- Online proposal submission site
- Questions? email: KeckCFP@ipac.caltech.edu
The NASA Keck Time Solicitation Information web site is a source of information for professional researchers who wish to submit proposals for the NASA allocation of observing time at the W. M. Keck Observatory. For general public information, please visit the Keck Home Page.
Web Curator and NExScI Cognizant Official: Dawn